Tuesday, August 19, 2008

006 Reply to Comments of Shri Anonymous

Shri Anonymous said...

I have read his "Autobiography" but was not much impressed. He was in search of a true guru and says he found it in Yukteswar baba. OK, that is his choice, but, why at all embark on a mission to spread his kriya Yoga? In my view any 'real' guru will remain without any advertisement - may be like Swami Yukteswar and his gurus - known only to a small circle of people (this is inevitable even for an ordinary man)and will not start a world-wide mission. That smacks of commercial purposes.

I know one person who was so impressed by the report (published by the Yogoda Satsanga, of course) that PY's corpse did not show any decay even after so many days and that was due to His kriya yoga practice. I wanted to ask that man what use it is to try for such a thing since, in any case, our dead bodies have to be disposed off within as short a time as possible for civic reasons, but did not tell/ask him as he was a very old man who thought he had found something invaluable!


THIS BLOGGER'S REPLY
Sir: I totally agree with you. About your comment "... what use it is to try for such a thing (trying to see that corpse did not show any decay even after some days through Kriya Yoga techniques)", I wish to narrate one personal experience I had.

A friend of mine who was a very fond devotee of Godmen, told me about a Godman in Bangalore who did not either have a male genital or female genital organ right from the date of his/her birth. According to my friend, it was an indication of the great divinity of the Godman. Then I asked him whether the place was flat and whether it was like a grass meadow with pubal hair or was it like an astro-turf? What link was there between divinity and sexual organs? I could not convince him, but my friend had stopped talking to me since then. I lost a good friend.

Even now I suffer from the disease of trying to convincing friends. I am endeavoring to cure myself of this ailment.

Thank you very much for your comment.

No comments: