Monday, May 16, 2011

009 Inhuman indeed!


Reference: Chapter 28 of Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramahamsa Yogananda.



After answering many questions, I was addressed by a lad named Kashi. He was about twelve years old, a brilliant student, and beloved by all.

"Sir," he said, "what will be my fate?"

"You shall soon be dead." The reply came from my lips with an irresistible force.

This unexpected disclosure shocked and grieved me as well as everyone present. Silently rebuking myself as an enfant terrible, I refused to answer further questions.

On our return to the school, Kashi came to my room.

"If I die, will you find me when I am reborn, and bring me again to the spiritual path?" He sobbed.

I felt constrained to refuse this difficult occult responsibility. But for weeks afterward, Kashi pressed me doggedly. Seeing him unnerved to the breaking point, I finally consoled him.

"Yes," I promised. "If the Heavenly Father lends His aid, I will try to find you."


BLOGGER'S OBSERVATIONS
*Common trait of monks to publicise that they know the future of their disciples , devotees and visitors. Gullible persons fall a pray. Kashi fell a prey here.

This great swan does not stop here!

Kashi died in a few days as if PHY's words have come true. The adolescent boy in an impressionistic age might have been frightened of the impending death. His body, consequently might have become sick. The boy died of cholera as per PHY's narration. PHY even predicted that the boy will be re-born in Kolkata and will continue his spiritual pursuits in the new birth also. PHY claimed that he visited the home of the boy's mother when he was in her womb and informed his parents that a male boy would be born and that he would be spiritual inclinations and predilections right from infancy.

I shall be irreverent to PHY if I comment that this whole chapter is a nonsense and if I do not comment I shall be a traitor to the cause of truth.

No comments: