Saturday, December 15, 2007

004 GURU IN CALCUTTA, BUT APPEARS IN SERAMPORE

Paramahamsa Yogananda studied B.A. at Serampore. He believed that his Guru had miraculous powers. In Chapter 19 of "Autobiography of a Yogi" he narrated an incident of a telepathic message from his Guru Yukteswar in Calcutta that he would be present in Serhampore.

"... I was pleased that you got my telepathic message." Master's voice was calm, entirely normal. "I have now finished my business in Calcutta, and shall arrive in Serampore by the ten o'clock train."

As I still stared mutely, Sri Yukteswar went on, "This is not an apparition, but my flesh and blood form. I have been divinely commanded to give you this experience, rare to achieve on earth. Meet me at the station; you and Dijen will see me coming toward you, dressed as I am now. I shall be preceded by a fellow passenger-a little boy carrying a silver jug."

My guru placed both hands on my head, with a murmured blessing. As
he concluded with the words, "TABA ASI," I heard a peculiar rumbling sound. His body began to melt gradually within the piercing light. First his feet and legs vanished, then his torso and head, like a scroll being rolled up. To the very last, I could feel his fingers resting lightly on my hair. The effulgence faded; nothing remained before me but the barred window and a pale stream of sunlight. ..."


Yogananda and his friend Dijen go to the Serampore Railway Station and receive the Guru Yukteswar preceded by a little boy carrying a silver jug.

BLOGGER'S VIEW
Unbelievable.

No comments: